Good storytelling strengthens social movements
Access to and use of resistnetwork.com both within the UK and internationally is provided on the following terms:
1. By using resistnetwork.com you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of resistnetwork.com. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to resistnetwork.com.
2. The resistnetwork.com team may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of resistnetwork.com will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website.
3. You agree to use resistnetwork.com only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of resistnetwork.com. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within resistnetwork.com.
4. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on resistnetwork.com and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in resistnetwork.com or its licensors (which includes other users). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use resistnetwork.com content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any resistnetwork.com content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of resistnetwork.com content requires the prior written permission of resistnetwork.com and its associated companies.
5. The names, images and logos identifying resistnetwork.com, associated comapanies and third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of resistnetwork.com, associated comapanies and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of resistnetwork.com, any associated companies or any other third party.
6. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with resistnetwork.com you agree to grant to resistnetwork.com and any associated companies or third parties, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for resistnetwork.com and any associated companies or third party services in any media worldwide. In certain circumstance resistnetwork.com may also share your contribution with trusted third parties*.
7. Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
8. In order that resistnetwork.com can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give resistnetwork.com your contribution to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16.
10. Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share with resistnetwork.com.
11. If you do not want to grant resistnetwork.com the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with resistnetwork.com.
12. If you have any questions about contributing content to resistnetwork.com, please see our FAQs.
14. You agree to use the resistnetwork.com community (including message boards) in accordance with the following Community Rules.
(i) About your posts:
(ii) Your Account:
If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting a community or annoying other users you may have action taken against all of your accounts.
All accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else’s email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
resistnetwork.com reserves the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple accounts, or if an non UK user pretends to be a UK user, or disrupts any of our services in any way.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, postal address, home address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified) in any community.
(iv) Legal requirements:
(v) If you’re under 16:
(vi) If you breach these Community Rules:
If you fail to abide by these Community Rules when taking part in the resistnetwork.com community, you will be sent an email which informs you why your contribution has been refused or edited. This email will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
This action may include any content posted by you being checked before allowed to go on the site or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of the resistnetwork.com community areas.
If you submit or share offensive or inappropriate content to or with any member of the resistnetwork.com community or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on resistnetwork.com, and resistnetwork.com and any associated companies or third parties considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, we may use whatever information that is available to us about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement(s).
resistnetwork.com and any associated companies or third parties reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
15. The majority of content posted in the resistnetwork.com community is created by members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the members of the resistnetwork.com team and any associated companies or third parties. Neither resistnetwork.com or any associated companies or third parties or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries or connected companies or individuals are responsible for any content posted by members of the public on resistnetwork.com or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through resistnetwork.com. Any links to third party websites from resistnetwork.com do not amount to any endorsement of that site by the team and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
16. resistnetwork.com content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to any products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis. To the extent permitted by law, the team at resistnetwork.com and any associated companies or third parties excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. The team at resistnetwork.com and any associated companies or third parties does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by the resistnetwork.com and any associated companies or third parties is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of the resistnetwork.com and any associated companies or third parties for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
17. Nothing in these terms limits or excludes resistnetwork.com and any associated companies or third parties liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, resistnetwork.com and any associated companies or third parties shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of resistnetwork.com regardless of the form of action.
18. resistnetwork.com and any associated companies or third parties do not warrant that functions available on resistnetwork.com will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that resistnetwork.com or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
19. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
20. The failure or delay of resistnetwork.com and any associated companies or third parties to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive resistnetwork.com and any associated companies or third parties right to enforce that right.
21. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
1. Introduction and General Terms
In order to provide you with the full range of services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
The website resistnetwork.com contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. What information will we collect about me?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from the resistnetwork.com website, such as forums, user profiles, newsletters, live chats, message boards or register with resistnetwork.com, we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, e mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth. Different webpages may ask for different personal information.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable resistnetwork.com and its service providers to provide you with the services you select.
Please note that sometimes on particular webpages we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information. When we do this we will specify further on these webpages why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
We also use your IP address to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not.
3. How will you use the information they collect about me?
resistnetwork.com and any associated companies or third parties will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
Where we propose using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
4. When will you contact me?
We may contact you:
5. Will resistnetwork.com and any associated companies or third parties share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in paragraph 7 below. Generally, we will only use your information for research purposes. However, sometimes we use third parties to process, analyse, interpret and assess your information. We will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and we will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
6. Offensive or inappropriate content on the resistnetwork.com website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to the resistnetwork.com website, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the resistnetwork.com website, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where the resistnetwork.com team reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school, e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
7. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to resistnetwork.com website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
8. How long will you keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with the resistnetwork.com website retention schedule (this is a database that defines which documents should be kept and for how long). In the case that you wish to cancel your registration as a resistnetwork.com website member, once an account is deleted a red flag goes on the database and, while people cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically.
Where you contribute to the resistnetwork.com website, we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted. Other projects (e.g. case studies, key contributors interviews and testimonies) are likely to have a longer, or even permanent, duration.
9. Can I find out what personal information you hold about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £5 for information requests and will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
11. Cookies Policy – Information we collect from you
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track on-line traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your on-line preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the resistnetwork.com features. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
c. Cookies and how to reject cookies?
A list of the main cookies that resistnetwork.org sets (and what each is used for) together with ways to minimise the number of cookies you receive can be found at the ‘resisttnetwork.com’ website’s Cookie List and How To Reject Cookies.
Lucas Ochoa, Pulse Films, 1 Book Mews, Flitcroft Street, London WC2H 8DJ